Mutual Fire Insurance offers Service Line coverage for your home when purchased in conjunction with Homeowners Equipment Breakdown coverage. When damage is on your property, you’re protected for repairs and replacements on the lines that bring water, power, data, and communications into your home. Coverage includes:
- Repair of a damaged line because of a service line failure. Covered perils include wear and tear, rust, corrosion, decay, deterioration, hidden or latent defect, freeze, collapse (but not including sinkhole collapse), electrical, and mechanical or pressure systems breakdown.
- Excavation costs required to repair or replace the damaged service line.
- Expedited expenses.
- Damage to wiring used for communication or data transmission.
- Additional living expenses and rental income coverage.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Fire, lightning, explosion, windstorm or hail, weight of snow, ice or sleet, falling objects, smoke, aircraft or vehicles, riot or civil commotion, vandalism, sinkhole collapse, volcanic action, water, water damage, earth movement and flood.
- Piping that runs through or under a body of water.
- Piping that delivers water to outdoor property, such as sprinklers.
- Wiring that provides electricity to outdoor property, such as electric fencing.
- Piping or wiring that is not connected and ready for use.
- Storm water drain piping.
- Septic systems.
- Water wells, including well pumps or motors.
- Heating and cooling systems, including heat pumps.